Sunday, July 3, 2011

Seared Ahi Lettuce Wraps & Opah Fish Tacos

I've always loved making fish tacos of all variations, but I had a new reason to try them again.  My favorite taco shop, Taco Sausalito, is the best taco place around with sauteed shrimp and fried fish tacos.  Their food has always inspired me to make simple yet flavorful fish or shrimp tacos but now I wanted to try it again with a twist...without the crema nor tortillas.  So maybe they weren't really tacos anymore but lettuce wraps. No matter what I wrapped my fish in, the fish was the key ingredient and I had found beautiful and fresh Ahi and Opah fillet for the recipes.  Guido did get the tortillas - 2 different diets and appetites in this house and 2 different ways to cook. Although he is totally supportive, I don't expect him to eat everything I eat or rather stop eating what I can't now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment