Saturday, July 16, 2011

Seafood Watch...know what seafood to eat, what to avoid and why

I just returned from Whole Foods where I was shopping for some fresh fish for dinner. I was happy to be guided by the 'name tags' by each fish or shellfish which notes, alongside the price, what is a 'Good Alternative', 'Best Choice' and what to 'AVOID'. Have you ever wondered who rates this? It's a program from the Monterrey Bay Aquarium in California to bring more awareness and "help consumers and  businesses make choices for healthy oceans." I'm so grateful they initiated such a project...it has made me more conscious about sustainable food choices and my shopping and eating habits in general. 

Check it out!!!  Pick up Seafood Watch pocket guides as well - for seafood and sushi lovers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment