Friday, July 1, 2011

Day One

Today is July 1st and the first day of  my new gluten, dairy and sugar - free diet. In June, after various tests, I was told that I have many food allergies and my doctor prescribed a diet excluding all sugar, dairy and gluten.  It's a beautiful, clear and hot July day and a perfect day to start! The beauty of this area always inspires me!




Here begins my journal to eat within my new diet restrictions while still cooking an eating with as much enthusiasm as I have since I was 15.  

Today I made a soup with whatever I had in the refrigerator and freezer - half a bag of frozen green kale, some shallots and a bulb of fennel.  Throw in a pot, add water, salt, pepper and cook until tender. Blend, add fresh chopped parsley and that's it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment