Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lomi Lomi Salmon with Mixed Greens

When i'm in Hawaii I love my Poke and I love my Lomi Lomi.  Tonight I try to replicate that authentic Hawaiian flavor of raw salmon and tomato but my way...Lomi Lomi on a bed of fresh greens and some hot jalapeno!


Salmon Lomi Lomi on a Bed of Greens


1/2 lb. Atlantic King Salmon, diced into 1/4 inch
1 organic tomato, diced into 1/4 inch
2 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger
1 jalapeno, minced
2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
1/2 avocado. diced into 1/4 inch
1 tsp. grated lime peel
1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
2 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. Gomasio
2 cups, organic mixed lettuce greens
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
salt and pepper


1. Mix salmon, tomato, ginger, jalapeno, parsley, avocado, lime peel, orange peel, lime juice and oil together in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, as desired. 
2. Mix greens in a separate bowl with freshly squeezed lemon juice and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. 
3. Plate salad greens. Top with a cup of Lomi Lomi salad into middle of greens. Sprinkle with a dash of Gomasio and more cayenne pepper, if desired. 




No comments:

Post a Comment