Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mineral broth


This broth was recommended to me by my amazing nutritionist, Lindsey. In order for me to get maximum nutrients in my diet, she recommends making my own broth with loads of veggies and chicken or beef bones (optional) and cook for hours and hours, up to 48. After, strain vegetables and toss and enjoy this full flavored and very nutrient dense broth at anytime - you're welcome to eat the cooked vegetables but all goodness has been transferred to broth. In pictured broth above, I used kale, onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, yellow summer squash, 1 beef bone, 1 bunch parsley, spinach, small piece of ginger and sweet potatoes. I simmered for about 8 hours one day, let rest overnight, then slowly simmered again the next day for about 10 hours.  Strained it, added some salt and trace mineral drops, and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment