Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Best Summer Soup: Gazpacho

Gazpacho is one of my favorite soups during summer...actually anytime of year. This morning at the farmer's market I picked up some tomatoes that actually smell and taste like a tomato so I decided it was time for a gazpacho.  At home, I roughly chopped all organic and local vegetables: 3 large tomatoes; 1 pint cherry or mixed baby tomatoes; 1 cucumber, peeled; 2 celery stalks; 1 jalapeno; 1 red pepper; 1/2 cup baby spinach (optional); 1/4 cup parsley and basil leaves, amount of each is based on your preference. I put everything in the blender, with a 3 Tb. of balsamic vinegar, 2-3 Tb. olive oil, dash of salt and pepper. Then blend - that's it. You can also use hemp seed oil instead of olive oil for the EFAs. Chill & serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment