Thursday, August 18, 2011

Good thing: Chia Seeds



One night while I was hanging out with my mom, we watched Dr. Oz talk about 5 must-haves in an anti-aging diet. 2 things were somewhat need to me: chia seeds and turmeric. So the next day, I purchased a bag of chia seeds from Whole Foods (haven't experimented with turmeric just yet) and began sprinkling them over my salads and adding them to my morning smoothie. We've all heard about the benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids and their vital role as building blocks of every cell in our body, but what I didn't know is how omega 3 dense chia seeds are, about 64%. "You need these omega-3′s for proper cell membrane formation and function." Look at the nutritional comparison table and start to see how much pure raw health is in a serving of raw chia seeds. 

Read more by Dr. Weil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment