Friday, September 23, 2011

I ♥ Pilates

I was looking for something to add to my running routine, something that would strengthen, tone and firm my body but wouldn't require me joining a gym or being in an overcrowded exercise class. For me that narrowed it down to a personal trainer, yoga or Pilates - I chose the latter and a couple months ago started personal sessions and group sessions at Core Pilates SausalitoI had only heard good things about the benefits of Pilates from my sister, friends and colleagues but another key factor was that this small independently owned studio was only a 10 minute walk from my house in Sausalito, so I knew there would be no excuse not to keep my appointments. The women at Core Pilates Sausalito, each with an individual style, have all been training and teaching for years and helped me become aware of my core, my breath and how to use and move my body in a deeper way...already I have more abdominal strength, I'm more flexible, a little more toned. 2 weeks ago I joined the jump board class...oh boy, I got such a work out, was sore everywhere and loved it! Plus, classes are never larger than 5 and I've only been in classes with 2 other women...can't beat that! I can't get enough and am always looking forward to my next class. Read here for more benefits on the Pilates Method.



No comments:

Post a Comment